Want to buy a home with Angelica? Connect
I’m a super awesome Buyers Agent on the Upstate Curious Team! I have been buying, renovating and selling property in NY for almost a decade. Prior to being an agent with Upstate Curious, I was a scientist doing biomedical research. I have a PhD in Chemical Biology from Cornell and I’m very data-driven in my approach to real estate. I have horses, dogs, a cat and a super cool kid named Rex. Moving upstate was the best decision of my life! Can’t wait to help you all do it too!
- Grew up in NJ, moved to NYC when I was 18 to go to college (The New School)
- Overall lived in NYC for ~18 years, with a short break for 1.5yr for a grad program at The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), “the MIT of Switzerland.”
- Got my PhD in Chemical Biology from Cornell; being a scientist is all about problem-solving and troubleshooting and I love that aspect of real estate; I’m data-driven and solution-oriented.
- Worked in biomedical research for 13 years and was also briefly a college professor; I love teaching, and educating homebuyers is a huge part of what I love about real estate.
- Passionate about animal behavior and training and spent several years training dogs for sport and police work as a hobby, now I have horses and do more equestrian stuff.
- Bought my first apartment in Brooklyn in 2012 and got the real estate bug. Went on to renovate and flip a couple places and I LOVE it; I’m super into interior design!
- Had spent years vacationing upstate and relocated full-time in 2019.
- After sustaining a brain injury in a car accident I had to stop working as a scientist, spent 8 months rehabbing and decided to pursue a different career that would give me a more flexible schedule to spend more time with my son, Rex, and do all the things outdoors that I moved upstate to do. I was in the middle of a renovation and decided that I wanted to focus more on flipping and that becoming a real estate agent aligned with that interest. Had met Megan a couple years back when I was house hunting and was smitten. Loved her disruptive approach to real estate and asked to join the team!